Sunday, March 04, 2007

Training Wheels...again

Every time I start becoming a believer in the presiding Council, they pull a move out of left field that leaves me wondering where the wiring got crossed. Jensen Baird is a fine law firm that has represented Gray adequately through the years, yet I do not necessarily object to their recent dismissal. Long term relationships can breed complacency.
Plus there were contentious differences between the Council and Bill Dale, often because the Council was displeased with the legal advice received (case law is such an annoyance when reforming policy). Something had to give.

What I cannot understand is replacing one firm with another that has dramatically less experience and depth in the municipal law field...especially when price is not an issue. Don't get me wrong, Monaghan Leahy is an excellent law firm. When it comes to corporate law and civil damages litigation, I want them in my corner. But their forte is not municipal law. Why were we not talking to outfits like Bernstein Shur that dominate this field and are deadly in the courtroom (if it ever gets that far) ?


The bigger question remains, why does the Council keep buying bicycles that we have to retrofit with training wheels?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://gray04039.blogspot.com/
Take the poll

7:58 AM  
Blogger Publicus said...

What???????

I'm not sure how this flew under the radar.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home